Next month would have been my four year anniversary on Steemit. Except that I quit using it the day of the hardfork.
We can choose to jump about in dog shit and then complain that our shoes stink, or we can look at stuff we like better than dog shit instead. Yesterday I was chilling out and taking photos at the waterfront (Wellington, New Zealand). I might do a post about that too, but here is one photo to spice this geeky little post up a bit.
I learned a lot on Steemit, including what not to do. Here are five things I gave up doing when I started out on Hive because each one of them is a part of what buggered Steemit.
- ARGUING WITH CLUELESS FUCKERS. I understand now that arguing on the internet is like seeing some dog shit and choosing to stand in it rather than stepping over it. So I stopped doing that.
- BEING A DICKHEAD. If someone I follow posts something I think is bollocks, rather than trying to “educate” them, I now choose to shut my pie hole and let them be.
- USING MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. I had accounts for posting, accounts for trading liquid Steem, accounts for being a dickhead, and accounts that were blacklisted for trying to educate whales. It was bloody confusing. Yes I do still have all those accounts on Hive, but now they are all powered down and all my investment and attention is in this one.
- KEEPING MY INVESTMENT LIQUID. Steemit was a very dodgy investment, so from 2018 I kept most of my Steem liquid and had very little long term investment in the platform. On Hive I’m doing my best to be an investor and curator as well as a content curator. So I’m taking a much more committed approach to Hive – I’m invested in the platform and doing my best to help it grow.
- LONGING FOR THE GLORIOUS PAST ON STEEMIT. Back in 2016 and 2017 we did some cool posts and made some good wedge, but these days I’m fully powered down, and I don’t speak Korean, so there is no reason for me to ever look at Steemit again. My old posts are all on there, and I still have a bunch of accounts on there I don’t use. None of that is worth a look. If people want to double post and still use the old platform, it’s beyond me why, but I don’t care, and won’t be sneaking a look. That site is ancient history and I’m very glad to move on.
Two days ago the weather here was really crap…
The very next day it was much better and there was little fluffy clouds. Remember little fluffy clouds? Back in 1990 the music was awesome. But all things keep moving along. Watch out for dog shit!