You may have been to seminars where the speaker tantalises you with information, but you don’t get a lot of detail. These seminars are different. They are crammed full of information, so come prepared to learn. I’ve tried to make them shorter, but there is so much I want to share with you that I can’t take anything out!
GAPS & Overfed seminars include samples of some of the foods discussed, or a light snack. All courses include a course handout. But bring pen and paper in case you want to take extra notes.
Food has never been more plentiful, but much of it is either devoid of nutrients or downright damaging to our bodies. We eat the wrong foods, either because we have been misinformed about what we need, or for some, because economics dictate we look for the cheapest food.
Overfed & Undernourished series
This series of seminars will be of interest if you:
- Are fairly healthy but want to feel even better
- Have been attending the GAPS series (see below) and want to know more about why the recommended foods are helpful
- Want to learn more about what foods our bodies really need (seminar 1)
- Want to learn how to support your special needs (seminar 2)
- Want to learn what else you can else to support good health (seminar 3)
It is usually presented over a series of three evenings and builds as it goes. So a person can attend just seminar one, or one and two and get benefit. But maximum benefit will come from attending them in order. Each evening includes about 2 – 2.5 hours of course material, with a break halfway through.
1. Overfed and undernourished
(The difference between politically correct nutrition and truly nourishing foods)
- The research of Weston A Price
- The commonalities of traditional nutrition
- How to prepare foods for maximum benefit, and why it makes a difference
- Why modern foods have helped create modern illnesses (eg. obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, cancer)
- Shopping guidelines
- Healthy eating “square” – the truth about Fats, Carbs and Proteins
- Safer ways to indulge your sweet tooth
- Easy ways to improve your foods
- Sample menu
2. Individualising your diet
- Review of Talk 1
- Metabolic typing
- Vegetarian diets
- How to get all your nutrients
- Food sensitivities
- Common symptoms
- Most likely culprits
- Coping with them
- Improving digestion
- Pregnancy & food for babies
- Foods for athletes
- Weight Issues
- Some modern dis-eases: eg. diabetes, high cholesterol
3. Beyond Food
(Triangle of health – other lifestyle aspects to consider)
- Biochemical, including:
- Physical / Structural, including:
- Some common undiagnosed diseases
- Mental / Emotional
Gut & Psychology Syndrome (GAPS)
This series is aimed at people with a chronic illness or dysfunction, such as:
- Food, chemical or respiratory allergies / sensitivities
- Constipation, diarrhea, bloating, colitis, Crohns or other digestive disorders
- Asthma, eczema, thrush, bed wetting
- ADHD, ADD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, autism, aspergers or other learning, social or behavioural issues
- Depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Chronic fatigue, arthritis, ankylosing spondilitis, lupus or an autoimmune issue
Mental, psychological and physical health can be directly related to the state of your digestive system, so can be affected by Gut & Psychology Syndrome (GAPS). Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride has worked with thousands of GAPS children and adults, since her son was diagnosed with autism. She has devised a diet and gut repair protocol that allows the body to begin to heal the actual cause of these and many other conditions.
Before attending the GAPS “How To” workshops, you will need to have either read the book or watched the videos. So you will be familiar with the symptoms of GAPS, why it happens, and what causes it. Email me to get copies.
1. Getting Started on GAPS:
- Introduce you to the first 2 healing foods that need to be added to the diet, and how to make them
- Give you an overview of the other GAPS friendly and unfriendly foods
- Discuss ways to ease onto the diet
- Have a question and answer session about what is involved
- Share some samples of GAPS foods
2. How to do the Intro elimination diet phase:
Allow time to gradually implement the transition to the main GAPS protocol first. We will:
- Talk you through her Intro diet, an elimination diet that she recommends each person does at some point in the protocol
- Discuss how to handle some of the issues you might face doing the Intro
- Have a question and answer session about your experiences so far, and what’s coming up
3. Addressing the emotional side
Making any dietary changes can have a huge emotional impact, and GAPS especially. In this session, I teach you how to use Emotional Freedom Technique for a variety of different issues you might face during GAPS. I recommend anyone who wants to do GAPS also attend the Intro to EFT workshop. See below for more details.
Introduction to Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
In our busy 21st century world, many people have been discovering the benefits of EFT. It’s a gentle, non-invasive technique that you can use yourself to help with all kinds of work, family and personal stress.
EFT has also been clinically effective in thousands of cases for Trauma & Abuse, Panic & Anxiety, Fears & Phobias, Depression, Addictive Cravings, Children’s Issues and hundreds of physical symptoms including pain relief, headaches, body pains and breathing difficulties. Properly applied, over 80% achieve either noticeable improvement or complete cessation of the problem. …Often works where nothing else will. …Usually rapid, long lasting and gentle. ….No drugs or equipment involved. …Easily learned by anyone. …Can be self applied
EFT is becoming popular all around the world, as more and more people are finding out how it can empower them and improve their quality of life.
Although you can work a lot more in depth with a practitioner, you can ease a lot of stress at home yourself, saving time and money. My aim is that by the end of the workshop you will feel comfortable using EFT on your own for everyday situations. We will cover:
- The history of EFT
- How it works & what it can be used for
- The basic “recipe” and the shortcut “recipe”
- Practice exercises including emotional issues, physical issues, boosting immunity, cravings
- When to use EFT yourself and when to see a professional
- How to get more training
Group Presentations – Overfed series
If you would like me to present to your group, the costs are:
- $495 for a corporate group
- $295 discounted price for a community or non-profit group
- An extra $10 per person, if you want food samples supplied
The material can also be covered in a one day workshop. Costs are:
- $1295 for a corporate group
- $750 discounted price for a community or non-profit group
- An extra $20 per person, if you want food samples supplied
Group Presentations – GAPS series
I can present this series to special interest groups, in sessions tailored to your needs.
I also have a presentation for practitioners on how to recognise GAPS in your clients.
Contact me for more information on either.