- Set to music
- About 50 mins long
- Mostly seated, with about 10 minutes standing behind the chair
- Approved by Arthritis NZ
- Approved by Live Stronger for Longer (part of Nuku Ora, formerly Sport Wellington)
It is suitable for many situations including:
- Seniors with osteo arthritis
- Those with rheumatoid arthritis
- Those with chronic fatigue
- Those with degenerative diseases such as MS
- Getting back into gentle exercise after heart attack, stroke or surgery
- Anyone who is unable to exercise standing up
The aims of the class are:
- To gently mobilise all of the joints
- Improve strength, balance and coordination
- Have fun!
Current class times:
- Friday ~ 10am ~ Karori Recreation Centre, Karori ~ $5 ~ I take one class a month, usually the 3rd Friday. Other instructors with different styles take the rest.
- Note that the Spin Poi classes can also be done seated. See full timetable for all classes.
The following video, from Arthritis NZ, is suitable for anyone who can’t get to my class, or who would like a sneak peak at some of the movements that we use. This routine includes the basic movements. Over the years I’ve added many more variations and a lot of different music, to keep things interesting. See the Resources page for a lot more routines on YouTube.