But you can make milk from any nuts, including walnuts, pecans, brazils.
- If the nuts are large, like brazils, chop roughly
- Soak 1 cup nuts in water for 8 hours or overnight (if using cashews, soak for 4 hours maximum)
- Drain and rinse
- Blend thoroughly with 4 cups fresh water
- If you have a high speed blender, you may be able to use the milk without straining it. Otherwise, depending on how you’re going to use it, you may wish to strain out the solids.
- Use as is, or flavour with vanilla essence, or add a little natural sweetener
Store in the fridge, preferably in a glass bottle or jar.
Use within 2-3 days, and shake well before each use.