The manufacturer describes it as “a delicious beetroot chai infusion, which makes a beautiful vibrant pink latte. Naturally sweet with subtle ayurvedic chai spices, this blend is a perfect harmony of flavour and nutrition. Enjoy heated with your choice of mylk, or chilled on ice for a summer refreshment. No sugar added.”
By mylk, they mean whatever milk or milk substitute works for you. We’ve tried it with both milk kefir and cashew milk, and both flavours complement it well.
Three ways to enjoy it:
Hot – prepare as per the instructions on the packet.
Cold – to ensure it dissolves well, we recommend blending it. For each 1 cup mylk, use 1 flat or slightly raised teaspoon Velvet Latte, and if desired a little natural sweetener.
But our favourite for over summer is in a strawberry smoothie.
For 1-2 serves:
- 1.5 cups milk kefir, nut milk or your favourite milk substitute
- 1 heaped teaspoon Velvet Latte
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
Plus your choice of optional extras:
- If you prefer sweeter, add a small amount of honey or maple syrup
- 3 Tbs Great Lakes collagen hydrolysate, or your choice of added protein
- Other supplements of your choice such as mineral drops or liquid B vitamins
Blend, in a high speed blender, till well combined and frothy.
It would probably be equally delicious with other fresh summer fruit, but using strawberries keeps it gorgeously pink!
Ingredients: Beetroot Powder*, Turmeric Powder* (5% Curcumin), Ginger Powder*, Cardamom Powder, Cinnamon, Vanilla Bean Powder*, Cayenne Pepper*, Black Pepper. (*Certified Organic)