EFT is becoming popular all around the world, as more and more people are finding out how it can empower them and improve their quality of life.
It has been clinically effective in thousands of cases for Trauma & Abuse, Panic & Anxiety, Fears & Phobias, Depression, Addictive Cravings, Children’s Issues and hundreds of physical symptoms including pain relief, headaches, body pains and breathing difficulties. Properly applied, over 80% achieve either noticeable improvement or complete relief from the problem.
- Easily learned by anyone & can be self applied for simple problems
- Even young children can learn it themselves, or be tapped on by a parent
- A skilled practitioner can help you with many other issues
- No need for lengthy or distressing counseling sessions
- Can clear many emotional upsets, even long standing ones, often in just minutes
- Great for dealing with addictions such as smoking or overeating
- Clears limiting beliefs that are blocking your success
- Often clears physical ailments as well
- Often works where nothing else will & is usually rapid, long lasting and gentle.
- No drugs or equipment involved.
Like kinesiology, EFT is based on the Chinese meridian systems. The theory behind it is that “All negative emotions are caused by disruptions in the energy system”, eg the meridians.
For example, suppose you have an argument with your husband. You might think “Well, of course I’m angry with him, he’s been so rude and unreasonable”. But it’s not as simple as that – there’s another step. He acts badly, your energy system gets disrupted, then you get angry. If your energy system wasn’t disrupted by what he did, you wouldn’t get angry, and you’d be able to shrug it off.
So we can intervene in that middle stage. EFT works to rebalance your energy system by gently tapping on the end points of the meridians. This rebalances your energy, and the anger goes away.
We can work on this middle step immediately, which is the ideal. But if we don’t, often that disruption is stored in the body, so that every time you think of that argument you get angry again. By recalling that argument during an EFT session, we can access that energy imbalance and clear it.
In this way we can reduce stress, improve our relationships, clear the effects of past trauma, get rid of negative beliefs about ourselves, neutralise fears and phobias, and reduce cravings, among other things.
So why does it work for physical problems? Because many of our physical problems are actually caused by emotions. A simple example is stress, which makes our shoulder and neck muscles tight, leading to a headache. Or sometimes we don’t want to face our emotions, or admit to them, so we can’t “discharge” them. So they get stored in our bodies, and eventually surface as pain or dysfunction.
Even pain that is quite clearly caused by a physical problem can sometimes be reduced by EFT. Or at least, we can clear the emotions associated with that pain, enabling us to better deal with it.